Blogging Reflection Activity

Re-reading my blogs has been a very interesting experience.  My blogs split between two personalities: academic and serious versus sassy and personal.  This is actually really funny because my adviser T Hetzel, Josh, and I discussed my dichotomy between serious academic Paige and candid Paige at our orientation.  I seem to have more fun and find most benefit in the blogs that allow me to explore my personality rather than comment on an article.  One of my goals for the minor is to be able to find my voice in my writing.  These really seem to have more of a direct correlation to that goal.

For the next few weeks, I’d really like to be able to increase the amount of blogs that I put out.  I’d also like to be able to harness in some of my personal commentary and turn it into a more beneficial component of my writing rather than just some random blurbs in my post.   I would also like to direct my comments toward specific points brought up in the blogs instead of making general summary statements.

3 thoughts to “Blogging Reflection Activity”

1. I am glad you have found a way to explore your personality through the blogs, and have a channel to find your voice! Finding a voice is very important for developing as a writer, and it is kind of fun to find out what kind of voice you have. Sometimes an academic voice is necessary for the topic at hand, but a personal voice can bring out new perspectives for even serious topics.

2. I think the blog is a great way to explore not only our writing styles but also ourselves. I look forward to reading more of these types of blogs from you in the future.

3. I have felt the same way about my blogs. However, I always get a better sense of accomplishment from my formal blogs. What comments do you find the most helpful?