Overworked

Thanksgiving break was much needed, but now that it’s over, I’m starting to realize how terrible the month of December is going to be. I feel like there’s an anxiety time bomb inside me that will blow up if I get one more assignment! I hate this time of year because teachers seem to cram everything into the last couple weeks of the semester. I’m also overwhelmed because I just wrote a 7 page grant proposal for one of my classes, only to find out that the instructions in the syllabus are nothing like the instructions on the CTools assignment submission site. Is it so much to ask for a teacher who gives clear, easy to follow instructions?

Today is my 20th birthday, which is sort of overwhelming because this is the decade of my life where I’ll hopefully have a career, have to pay for myself, get married, and maybe even have children. The only issue is that I still don’t know exactly what I want to do with my life! Part of the problem with a college as competitive as Michigan is the constant pressure to succeed in classes and life. Maybe if there was a little less pressure my month of December would be less anxiety-filled and more enjoyable!

2 thoughts to “Overworked”

1. I feel you! Life is tough and college is stressful. There’s always something to do and assignments seem to pile up one after the other. I think all of our pressure to succeed here at UofM will definitely pay off as we reach our dream careers in the near future.

Happy birthday!! My 21st birthday was this past Saturday and I had a great time but now it’s back to reality. Good luck with everything!

2. I had this same sort of realization when I had my 20th birthday! It’s so scary that “in your twenties” you are expected to do so many things. Very overwhelming.

Hope your December goes better than expected!