Changed my mind… again.

So, perhaps Naomi noticed in class, I changed my idea for my eportfolio for maybe the bajillionth time.  I’ve always wanted to actually be able to use my portfolio for things outside of this class once WRIT 200 is done, so I wanted to put a little bit of work into to actually making it more about me and my personality instead of just focused on this class.  I had an idea about using a map and tagging my pieces to the different parts of the world that I’ve written about/in. But, seeing as I’ve never left the country, it just doesn’t quite seem like something that would  make very much sense to me.

So instead, I’ve decided to focus on the three things that have always been important to me and always will: laughing, love, and learning. I believe that with these three values, you can get through anything and live a very wholesome life. I know it might sound a little corny, but I personally think it’s true. It’s so important to love friends, family, even strangers. To help others out, and show them that other people actually care. I think that one should never stop learning, because once you stop learning, you stop living. It doesn’t have to be learning in a classroom, just learning about something, someone, some place. And, if you know me at all, you know that I laugh at everything.  Sometimes it might not be the most appropriate situation, but it’s how I handle almost everything.  Laughing makes me happy, and I hope it makes others feel more comfortable around me.  Laughing at yourself can make any situation better. And honestly, life isn’t that serious. I can start to get worked up over something, but then I just realize that I’m being ridiculous, and then out comes some sort of chuckle.

The three l’s… maybe you should give it a try. Really.

So with those three words, I’m going to classify my pieces. Laughing will be used for anything with a humorous tone, and editorial in a newspaper, a non-academic paper, etc. Love will be used for things that I am passionate about, or touching stories. And learning will be used for more serious pieces, including strictly academic papers.  I know it might seem a little unprofessional or not what most people are doing for this class, but I often consider myself to not really be like most people. And I’m not a serious person, so why make my portfolio serious?

One thought to “Changed my mind… again.”

1. I think this idea has a lot of potential! And I definitely think that if you make it genuine and true to yourself, you will be able to use it in whatever medium you need to in the future. Or, you can tweak it with all of our masterful CSS/HTML coding ability we have : ) Can’t wait to see the end result!