My Prezi Adventure

Having mastered the all-powerful Powerpoint presentation over the course of my high school and undergraduate careers, I decided that I wanted to try something different for my final presentation in my Spanish poetry class. I had always heard of the program “Prezi” but never actually tried it. What distinguishes a Prezi from a Powerpoint presentation is the user’s ability to navigate and zoom in on/pan around a virtual canvas akin to a whiteboard.

So, last night, equipped with a Skinny Vanilla Latte and a fully-charged laptop, I spent a full two hours in Starbucks learning the ins-and-outs of the Prezi program, learning how to create frames and layers and insert digital images and videos for my presentation. After that, I tried my hand at creating my own Prezi, and I’m actually pretty happy with the results!

You may or may not need a Prezi account to view it, but here is the link to my very first Prezi presentation:

http://prezi.com/ehhqeatnkxmq/present/?auth_key=6r2dacb&follow=89flsnretbvh

If any of you have a Prezi, what do you think of it? Is it better than Powerpoint? I personally got a little dizzy the first time I watched one, but after a lot of time and practice I think my first try went pretty well!

If any of you want to try something different than a Powerpoint and create  a Prezi, I encourage you to go to prezi.com and try one out! It’s a really cool interactive way to present a project to your class.

– Allison

One thought to “My Prezi Adventure”

1. I just made a Prezi for this class! I do like it better that PowerPoint, but sometimes I felt myself still stuck in the PowerPoint frame of mind. I wanted objects to appear and then move away without the zooming…which can definitely be dizzying. I also don’t think I fully utilized all of the space Prezi offers you…it’s so much! All in all though, once you learn the ins and outs, there’s a lot you can do!

Oh… and the link to your Prezi says that the presentation has expired…?