The E-Porfolio Experience

Well, my e-portfolio is finished. It wasn’t as fun as I wanted it to be. I enjoyed my previous website-building experience, but this time wasn’t the same. I couldn’t find a theme on Weebly or WordPress that I was committed to. I finally chose one to finish the product. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. This is something that I will change for my next e-portfolio.

I also want to embedd the documents next time (which I was unable to due unless I upgraded to a Pro account on Weebly). I think it would look nicer. Unless it is required, I also want to have less drafts and more final drafts of writing, so I can present diverse polished works to my audience. I think for this time it was suitable since we obviously do not have four semesters of writing to pull from.

Other than that, I was happy with the theme that I chose, Opposites Attract. This theme is not explicit, but it is definitely present in each section. You just have to look for it. I do often lose people in thinking that nuance is sufficient thematically, so it will be interesting to see what people think.

As a writer, I think I showcased my interests and writing ability well. I include three external pieces in my e-portfolio that I think will tie in nicely, one on the Electoral College and two on affirmative action. However, I think I should revise them for the next e-portfolio, which I did not do thoroughly for this one.

Lastly, as this course comes to a close, I feel that I have been given a better understanding of new media and how to use it. I mean that, too, and not in a brown-nosing way. Without this course, I would have never been able to make a website, and I certainly would have never blogged. I feel like I will build upon these experiences over the coming years. I see myself creating a blog on grammar and syntax over the next couple of months to catalog my knowledge and build my writing portfolio.

Joseph Elliott

Hello, my name is Joseph Elliott, and I am a student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, obtaining a Minor in Writing.