Write Something!

I want to write something! Something awesome, that I’ll be excited and passionate about! I have no idea what!

I’m terrible about writing short stories when I’m not in a class that makes me do it, and this isn’t a terrible poetry mood. Obviously, writing my Political Science essay on the pros and cons of adversarial legalism isn’t going to cut it (though I should start that because I do not want to stay up all night on Thursday trying to finish). So I’m writing a blog post, I guess. Not that I know what I want to write about in this blog post, except that I just really want to write!

I think my problem is that I didn’t take an English class for the first time in all of my semesters at this lovely institution. And everyone knows English essays are much more exciting than Political Science or Women’s Studies essays. My friend from SAPAC keeps telling me I should have been an English major; I am beginning to think he is right. I am having English class withdrawal.

Last year, around this time, I was writing a really fun essay about Pan’s Labyrinth and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. It was all about imagery! and themes! and sacrificial imagery! Man, I want to write something like that!