5 things we learned from the presidential debate

In my search for an article that I believe did a good job of characterizing the debate the most accurately, I found one written by Peter Hamby, Mark Preston and Paul Steinhauser for CNN the most fitting. The writing style and tone of the article was straight and to the point, and began with flat out saying that Mitt Romney was the clear winner of the debate.

The article proceeded with 5 key points of learning from the debate, which were not bogged down with facts and statistics.  Instead, the article took notice of body language and behavior. The article states that “Sometimes how a candidate looks is more important than what he says.” I thought this was an extremely interesting point, but it also questioned the morality of the debate in general.  If we are so focused on how the debaters look and we are missing key information that they are saying, what are we actually gaining from these debates?

Check out the article here: http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/04/politics/debate-5-things-learned/index.html