[Pika!] Favorite iPhone App?

I was recently with a friend who is crazy about iPhone apps.  Personally, I am not very into downloading apps on my phone unless it has serious practical use, or is something that I think everyone has such as instagram.  However, my friend showed me some really cool apps that I would never even think to download.  I would love to hear what your favorite “unique” app is and why. Convince me why I should download it!

5 thoughts to “[Pika!] Favorite iPhone App?”

1. Get Songza and Flipboard! Songza is a playlist app that has music for literally any type of mood or genre your into. You can also create a list of favorite playlists on it and “thumbs up” or down songs you like so they will play more songs like that one. Flipboard is an awesome way to read the news. You choose the media outlets you want to read (I have NPR, The Times, The Guardian, etc.) and then it organizes the cover stories and the stories by each media outlet. It makes reading the news fun and easy to access.

2. Emoji. Not sure if this counts as a unique app but if you don’t have it you must download it immediately. There is an icon of a girl doing the “whatever” hand gesture and monkeys doing see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Obviously that is enough evidence that it is awesome.

3. I can’t lie, I love the Starbucks card app. When my mom told me to get it (and my mom is incredibly technologically limited), I had my initial reservations. It’s just one extra card to carry in my wallet, which is no big deal. However, with the phone app, I can combine all my cards onto my phone. I ask for Starbucks gift cards for holidays and such, so when I have multiple cards at a time it is super easy to keep track of them all at once. So, if you are a Starbucks regular like I am, I strongly recommend it!

4. I’d highly recommend downloading the Weather Channel App. If you’re like me, you like to know whether Michigan’s unpredictable weather will be -10 degrees of a warm 35 degrees on any given day. All it takes is a second to know the weather for the rest of the week. It’s a free app too!

5. One app that is sort of silly but still useful is urbanspoon. You can just shake your phone and it will tell you a random place to eat in the area. It is good for when you are going to eat with friends but everyone just keeps saying “I don’t know, where do you want to go?” It can help make a decision quickly or introduce you to new places that you hadn’t heard of. Mixology does that same sort of thing but with drink ideas.