United Way TEAM NFL Initiative

Hi Writing Minors,

I need your help. United Way has partnered with the NFL for over 35 years. I was one of 32 college students, selected nationwide for United Way’s Team NFL Player Partnership. This is an ongoing initiative to lower the high school dropout rate nationwide. My goal is to recruit 1,000 pledges for Chris Canty, Super Bowl XLVI winner, and defensive tackle for the New York Giants by December 1.

Together, Chris Canty and I are trying to recruit 1,000 volunteer readers, tutors and mentors, in an attempt to help United Way achieve their goal of reducing the number of high school dropouts in half by 2018. The number of dropouts nationwide is staggering, and we can each do something to help.

Sydney Berger with New York Giants’ defensive tackle, Chris Canty

As I said, Team Canty set a goal to recruit 1,000 pledges by THIS December. Already, Chris and I have recruited 426 people to join our team. We need your help and support – please take the pledge below to join our team: http://www.unitedway.org/team-nfl/players/chris-canty/. PLEASE SIGN – we need each and every one of your signatures to reach our goal!

The difference between a graduate and a dropout could be you – Chris Canty and I CAN’T do this without you!

4 thoughts to “United Way TEAM NFL Initiative”

1. Sydney,

This is a really great idea! I would love to help out in any way possible. Keep us updated on the progress for United Way. Good luck on you and the NFL’s goal.

2. Sydney,

I wish you the best of luck in your future participation in the initiative. I am glad I, and many other minors, had the chance to be a part of making an impact on high schoolers nationwide. Keep up the great work! Between your powerful writing abilities to express you ideas and opinions, and your yearning to make a difference, I truly believe you will continue to do great things in this life.

Keep all of us at Sweatland Writing, updated on your great works!

3. This is very impressive and actually very achievable, which I like. I was just wondering if this is related to the petition a lot of us signed at the beginning of the year, was that the same Live United initiative?