a food enthusiast. and some more.

There are many things I can do in life while eating.  I eat when I study, when I walk to class, when I catch up with a friend, when I go shopping…the list goes on.  I certainly don’t have to eat when I do all these things, but I choose to because I just enjoy it so much.  I like to think I’ve developed a pretty good palate since I’ve tried so many different kinds of food.  I’m not too picky–I love spicy things and cheesy things, but I also have a weak spot for sweets.  I enjoy all kinds of ethnic foods, with the exception of rice and beans. I hate rice and beans.

But besides that, I have other passions as well.  I am currently a junior working towards my double major in biopsychology, cognition, and neuroscience (BCN) and biomolecular science, with a minor in writing.  I love being around children, and I think that the brain is seriously fascinating, so I am hoping to become a doctor and do something meaningful with those interests.  However, it is going to take a long, long time for me to do that.  In the meantime, I just try to relax when I can and enjoy my life as it happens.  It doesn’t take a lot to make me happy, but for now, I cherish the small moments, like laying on the kitchen floor and having heart-to-hearts to my roommates (while eating).  I enjoy the comfort I feel from familiarity, but I also love the excitement I get from trying new things, so I also love traveling (and trying new food) and have been fortunate enough to visit so many different countries around the world.

By: Shirley Shue