SOS – Josh needs sources and would appreciate recommendations

Hey everyone,

Here’s a list of stuff I’ve consulted so far. Anything you’ve got in terms of recommendations of things you even think might just help to even think about would be greatly appreciated. Let me give a quick overview of what I’m actually doing before throwing down sources.

Is anyone familiar with Creepypasta? If not, I highly recommend you visit this link (or maybe don’t if you scare easily), but to sum everything up, its a term given to short-form horror fiction that wanders its way around the internet. While there are sites that curate these stories (both good and super terrible), that’s all they do: collect. I want to make a website that looks like a creepypasta curation site, but is actually itself a user-driven piece of interactive horror fiction. By interacting with the site and other participants, a horror experience would unfold depending on behaviors and interactions of individual participants. If you need any more info, I”ll be happy to provide it, but right now I’m looking for anything even tangentially related: stuff about horror, a really scary story you might have read, a weird piece of fiction that presented itself in a very non-traditional way, flash games that are really conscious of user interaction, cool website designs that you like, interesting examples of Internet communities, etc. Any and all help is appreciated. Below are sources consulted thus far:

Various Creepypastas found on the Internet (mostly sourced from 4chan’s /x/ board, Creepypasta.com, and the creepypasta wiki site)
Marble Hornets – Youtube Video Series
Ted’s Caving Journal
Mark Danielewski’s House of Leaves
Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities
Various short fiction of HP Lovecraft
Jennifer Egan’s A Visit from the Goon Squad
Jennifer Egan’s Black Box
Fan-made wiki sites (TV Tropes, wiki sites for various fandoms, etc.)
Cybertext: Perspectives on Ergodic Literature—Espen Aarseth
“Why Bother?”—Jonathan Franzen
Journey—Thatgamecompany (PlayStation Network game, PS3)
Heavy Rain—Quantic Dream, PS3
Wikia
Raymond Queneau – Cent mille milliards de poèmes
“One Chance” – Internet Flash Game
The Philosophy of Horror: Or, Paradoxes of the Heart – Noël Carroll
“The Rhetoric of Video Games” – Ian Bogost
“Grammar Lessons: The Subjunctive Mood – Michele Morano
Dracula – Bram Stoker