Bio (better late than never, right?)

Who said selfies were a new phenomenon?
I tend to speak (and write, if the situation permits) in stream of consciousness. You’ve been warned.

I drink an alarming amount of coffee (I know the names of at least one barista at ~15 coffee shops. I realized the severity of my problem when I ran into a barista I knew while I was traveling in Chicago. Don’t worry, there is an intervention in place.)

I used to have a shopping problem too..and then I ran out of money. And maxed out my credit card.

I guess you could say I have an addictive personality.

I’ll strike up a conversation with just about any stranger at any time. This may or may not have put me in one or two life-threatening situations.

I’m Chaldean (No, that’s not a cheese. Yes, somebody has seriously asked me that question before. To make it simple, Chaldeans are Christians that originated in ancient-Mesopotamia and now settle in northern Iraq…or Detroit, MI.)

I’m first generation. Both of my parents were born in Baghdad, Iraq. God willing, I’ll be the first to graduate college in my family.

While we’re on the topic of family, I’m an older sister to two of the most annoying, yet lovable (big) little brothers. My family means everything to me.

I want to work in Pediatrics. And I’ve already almost kidnapped ~128021 kids from my research job at Mott Children’s Hospital (I’M JUST KIDDING – PLEASE DON’T SEND ME TO JAIL. OR FIRE ME.) I love babies. And senior citizens. And everyone in between (not really, but I just felt like I had to say it).

I have a phobia of deer. I wish it had a cool name at least, but it’s just deerophobia. My body goes into fight-or-flight mode every time I see a herd of them. They stalk me. No, really..who else do you know that has been t-boned by a deer on 3 separate occasions?

My ultimate goal in life is to make it to the Instagram popular page. Judge me.

Every time I conquer a public transportation system, I throw a mini-life accomplishment party in my head. Punch bowls and all.

I have a slight obsession with the brain & all things neuroscience.

Speaking of brains, my thoughts teeter between those of an over-the-hill woman about to hit menopause & a 5-year-old boy on a daily basis. Some call it multiple personality disorder, others prefer ADHD. Take your pick.

I’m a workaholic. (I’m sure almost everyone in my 220 section has wondered how many jobs exactly does this girl have?? – right now it’s just three.)

If running in heels was an Olympic sport, I would take the gold.

I’m an insomniac. (it could be the coffee, but nobody really knows..or cares.) My peak hour of productivity is ~4AM, so I like to think that it works to my advantage.

If I could be cast in one show for one episode it would be Friends. No doubt. Except they’ve stopped making new episodes. Not surprising since EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS tends to do so *sigh* (I’m still bitter toward that beyotch Mischa Barton for demanding to be killed off The O.C.)

I’m a firm believer that travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. (I guess if you want to be technical, the same can be said about some investments if you play them out the right way – but let’s not even go there, smarty pants.)

I fall in love with fictional characters on a monthly basis – Ari Gold from Entourage, Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl, Joey Tribbiani from Friends, etc. You name it & I’ve probably fallen in love with him once or twice.

I try to do one thing a day that scares me. But sometimes I chicken out.

Embrace your innate weirdness. Always.

That is all for now, folks!

2 thoughts to “Bio (better late than never, right?)”

1. I always wondered how “Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap became my favorite song, but then I was watching the O.C. (I have every episode on DVD…) and I realized it was because of the shooting scene in O.C. So emotional. And don’t even get me started on Marissa Cooper…