Hyperlinking Away

My remediation project is coming along swimmingly, and I managed to learn YouTube’s hyperlink feature in a  matter of hours.  YouTube actually has an entire tutorial on the feature, which can be found in the help section of the website.  Going through all the available content takes around 30 minutes, but I spent a lot of time playing around with the feature on my own.   The cool thing about the technology is that it really adds a third dimension to watching YouTube videos, and changes the whole viewer, producer interaction.  While we’re all used to watching videos on YouTube, lot’s of times after a few minutes, viewers get bored and switch to something else.  Interactive videos do a pretty good job of ending this;  they are able to captivate and hold viewers’ attention for longer time periods.  My project looks pretty good so far; hopefully everything comes together well!

David Hermanoff

I am a Sophomore from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In addition to the Minor in Writing, I am working towards graduating from the Honors History program. After college I want to earn a JD/MBA. My favorite hobbies are skiing and basketball.

2 thoughts to “Hyperlinking Away”

1. Sounds like you’ve gotten the hang of it! Also, I just have to say this but I really like the word “swimmingly.” Anyway, you’re totally right about viewers getting bored and switching between videos. I’m interested in seeing where the hyperlinks of the more interactive aspects of the video will take us! Which kind of websites will there be links to?

2. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress!! I wonder if doing a lot of effects will make your video shorter than you may have thought? Hope the good works keeps flowing!