Since I wanted to write a psuedo-buzzfeed article I decided that I had to start with the basics. First, I decided that I was going to use tumblr as my blog site of choice so I can recreate this project. I learned how add a picture which was pretty self explanatory.
Then, I moved on how to make GIFS. The Gif will bring the humour to my article is a more visually appealing way, therefore I focused alot on this part. I found a website that can create GIFs for you but they all were bad quality and you couldn’t add text. Therefore, I decided to check out the photoshop aspect of creating gifs.
1) Open up photoshop
2) Upload your video by going to file > import > video frames to layer
3) Go to the parts of the video that you want to show, hold down the shift key while moving the slider then click ok.
4) Go to window > animation. ** make sure youre on animation frames
5) delete that parts you dont want by clicking the frames by clicking the rubbish icon below
6) change the size of your gif by going to image > image size
7) type whatever you want for your text
8) then click file > save for web and devices
I like the photoshop because you can alter your gif the most. Although it might be more time consuming, it gives you a more creative space.
** the gif below is used through a gif maker because I didnt have access to photoshop when writing this post.