The Beauty of Wix

The technology I’m learning to work with through building my website is actually different from the prior experience I’ve had with website design in prior communications classes. Rather than fiddling around with code for hours and becoming incredibly frustrated when things don’t work out, I took a suggestion from Blake and started learning to use Wix HTML Editor/website builder.

This has to be one of the coolest websites out there – it’s so varied in the amount of design choices you can make and it is an incredibly helpful tool for those of us, like me, that don’t want to spend their time running through lines of code to find tiny errors. Since my website is going to be mostly based on visuals, it was important to learn how to input images and videos in a way that looks good and works well. I mostly learned how to use Wix as opposed to learning to code a website, but just by fiddling around with all the options Wix provides, I gained some insight into how web design should work and how sites should look as well as what they should provide for those people visiting the site. It’s a really fun editor to use, so if you have any site-building projects I would highly reccommend it!

Sarah Rybak

I'm a junior Comm major with special interests in gender, gaming, and new media in terms of how people interact through it with each other.

3 thoughts to “The Beauty of Wix”

1. I’m glad you like WIX! I really enjoyed using it last time needed to make a website. If you have any questions about how to do any of the stuff on it let me know.

2. Blake, I nominate you for team MVP award. Between this WIX thing and giving me a hand in getting caught up you’ve really put the team on your back (Greg Jennings style).
    Sarah I’m excited to see how your website turns out with this WIX thing. It sounds like a pretty cool tool. I’ll definitely use it if I ever need to build myself a website.