This Project Looks Like it’s Gunna Take a While…

UY. New Media- like what?

So, I unfortunately cannot blog about the new media I have learned- since it is still a process (all great things take time). But I can tell you about the excellent plan I have devised.

I’m creating a website, possibly from scratch but possibly from google- really whatever my techdesk appointment at 6 pm today tells me is best. But the point of the website has transitioned from being a platform of information for people to access, but instead a platform for communication.

The website is going to have information, and naturally hyperlinks for people to learn even more- but the interactive component is going to be special. I have several teachers at the University that have taught me about gender differences in sports, society, economics etc and they are all excited to help give their viewpoint on how the university is teaching these differences and hearing my perspective about the impact this is having. After sharing these professor’s thoughts on essentially what was my paper topic, I am going to share the website with all of my friends to post their own thoughts on this potential imbalance and it’s implications.

I’m sure creating the website won’t be too bad, especially with some help from google experts but the perspective aspect will definitely take me a while. Especially because between explaining the project and hearing his input, I just met with my professor for an hour. But this is definitely going to be something worthwhile to create because it could really open doors to communication between students!!

Jessica Golden

My name is Jessica Golden and I am an East Coast girl currently stuck in the snowy Midwest at the University of Michigan. I am now a student at Michigan due to tearing my ACL the week before my soccer recruitment and picking a college at whim, but so far it has worked out. I have two older sisters who live in New York City just like I plan too. Living on Long Island for my whole life has been like a bubble, and with no broken bones, no pets and no walks down a red carpet, I definitely feel ready to be a sponge, soak up life and do whatever comes along. Although I have never experienced typical things, like learning to ride a bike or attend sleep away camp, I enjoy finding the weird things in my life and embracing it all. I have lived in a hotel for 7 months (which is nothing like TV makes it seem), am on a quest to spend a day in all 50 states (current count is 26) and managed to sprain my ankle while climbing the Vatican in Rome. While my world is slowly expanding in Ann Arbor, my eyes are still set on returning to the big apple one day and changing the world (for the better) one lawsuit or public policy at a time!

2 thoughts to “This Project Looks Like it’s Gunna Take a While…”

1. This project will go beyond just being a website! It seems like you’re taking advantage of the potential of social media here. It will make it so much more dynamic- Your audience can act as recipients of information and contribute their own input at the same time! Excited to see how it turns out! I’m especially looking forward to seeing which type of design you use to combine these two proponents.

2. At least you have a plan! Sounds like you’ll be able to finish your project relatively fast once you’ve got the technology down. You mentioned that you’re possibly creating a website on google; are you making a google+ page? If you are, that would be a really cool thing to do. Can’t wait to see the final project.