E-portfolio updates

I’ve always liked art. Whether I am standing for hours absorbing its beauty and pondering its meaning, or creating it myself through different mediums, I am always sucked in. Like school projects that required posters, or putting together pamphlets, I become so involved in the art that I lose all track of time.

I have said in one of my first blog posts here that I never liked the idea of blogging, being on the internet, or this new form of writing that didn’t involve a paper and pencil. That pencil- it has been something that I’ve always loved and its been one of the most important things in my life. Writing, sketching, or losing myself in some kind of project with my hands is what I am used to -being able to feel what I am doing. Internet, blogging, website design-not so much.

So I never expected to like it this much. Just like any other project, this e-portfolio is very new to me. Unlike sketching where I know my tools very well and can erase and create whatever comes into my mind, there is another language here that I am just learning. Html codes, widgets- this is my first time with them. But unfortunately I am a bit obsessive and tend to let a project take over me, and now all of a sudden I am looking how to find the perfect color by googling it rather than blending paints or color pencils. That’s probably the biggest obstacle so far.

My portfolio is really a depiction of my imaginative creative self. Kind of magical in its own way, I’ve been trying to give it this almost fairy tale magic appeal to it. I’m not sure how much it is working-mostly I think I am getting the colors wrong but once again thats the language barrier again.

In an unrelated but somewhat interesting note, I don’t know what I want to do when I graduate- at all. But I think it might involve something like this, something fun and creative and a way for me to play around and work on a project for hours. Below is the link 🙂

http://carokow.wix.com/dreamcatchers

One thought to “E-portfolio updates”

1. I can definitely sympathize with you in regards to being new to this whole blogging thing. It is something I have never done before and I was definitely reluctant to start. I was even more reluctant to start the EPortfolio process, because I knew it would require technological knowledge that I knew I did not possess. I understand that practice makes perfect, and while it is definitely frustrating at times, when something comes out the way you want it to (even if it is just a minor section of your portfolio), it is very satisfying.

I have to be honest with you, if you aren’t sure how much yours is working, then mine isn’t even close than ready. If that was unclear, I meant that I really like the look of your portfolio. I think the colors are great. My idea was to have a simpler, more minimalist look with blacks and whites. I was never really into the more colorful look, but I honestly, really like the way you put yours together. I think the pictures you added blend well with the colors, and it makes for something that is very eye-catching.

It may not be easy, but I think you should keep doing whatever it is you have been doing. I think you are definitely on the right track to a great portfolio, and I am looking forward to seeing the final result.