Re-Mediating Project: Pinterest Take Two

I am liking my story boarding so far. Pinterest makes it quite easy to see what the visual of your project will ultimately be, even in the earliest stages of working it out.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 8.28.16 PM

My home page is pretty much all laid out. I added a board for all of the majors – OMG there are so many here at U of M I had no idea.I may have to condense some things, like similar sciences and engineering majors, etc. We’ll see how that goes.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 8.27.35 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 8.27.50 PM

Here is an example of what most of the pages will look like. The title of the major at the top, a link to the department page as one of the pins, any internship opportunities that the department hosts through U of M as pins as well, and then potential internships. All of the pins link to the sites where the photos come from. One limitation I might have is the amount of writing that I can put in the title of each board (only 500 characters, yikes) but I anticipate with the amount of boards that I have, this might be alright. I can also always write on the pin descriptions.

Another thing I might like to incorporate are quotes from the individuals that I talked to for my previous project. I don’t know if I’ll put these quotes on the pins (kind of like inspirational quote pins) or if I’ll throw them into the captions with images of the student who said it. Decisions, decisions…

I also am thinking that it will be helpful to ‘re-pin’ between boards. This will save me soooooo much time. I also will have to look into adding other people’s pins to these boards. That choice will most likely be made after all of my personal pins are created.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 8.28.06 PM

PoliSci board is basically completed. One down, 100+ to go…

Katie Koziara

During the school year, I can usually be found doing a few things: studying domestic health policy, working as a student coordinator for the Public Service Intern Program, exploring different restaurants around Ann Arbor, running my regular loop around the Big House, or catching up on one of my many, many favorite television shows.