WordPress To The Extreme

I love WordPress.  That’s really the only thing I can say about the website.  Last year, I used WordPress for the two classes I took through LHSP, and really mastered the service (or at least that’s what I like to think).  Anyways, I played around with WordPress a lot, and learned that there’s another service that WordPress offers called WordPress VIP.  WordPress VIP is pretty much WordPress on steroids.  WordPress VIP takes elements of WordPress and adds full website capabilities.  One of the best examples of this is allthingsd.com. All Things D covers digital and technology news, and they do a pretty good job at it.  One of the coolest features they have are video summaries on most of their articles.  Obviously I won’t be making video summaries about the new iPhone on my blog, but putting in video summaries of my writing pieces would be pretty neat, and probably feasible.   All Things D has way more manpower than I do, and access to the VIP service, but there’s no doubt that a lot of their features could be replicated in my project.

David Hermanoff

I am a Sophomore from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In addition to the Minor in Writing, I am working towards graduating from the Honors History program. After college I want to earn a JD/MBA. My favorite hobbies are skiing and basketball.

One thought to “WordPress To The Extreme”

1. This is awesome. I think it is really cool that you are also finding interests in blogs that kind of mirror your skill set, like the video you just made! You are deff seeing the market for things like new media videos and seeing where it can go.
    Nice!