Golden Girl Makes It

I used to be super sentimental about things ending- particularly school. I have this tendency to make emotional connections to ANYTHING- even like, a notebook. But, with a 15 page paper and 3 finals to end my semester this upcoming week, I can’t feel sentimental, I’m pretty excited to be done. But, writing has been my favorite class. No doubt. THANKS JULIE!

So it is pretty awesome that we all have something to take from it, and I have a feeling my portfolio is going to be one of those things I keep changing as my mind changes. But for now, it is complete.

I am pretty excited about submitting it, since I think that it is in a good place. I went back and forth about where to do my context introduction and a small about me. I thought my context write up was more engaging than any “hi this if fun facts” so I made that first and changed about me to directions to give the audience some help.

Finally, I was really looking for a way to make this personally professional- but not like my Linkedin on paper. So, in my resume section the light bulb went off- I linked the websites to the stuff I talk about in my resume! I really think that this takes the resume up a step, since instead of saying I planned a program, they can actually click it and see I am not lying and the flyer and everything. I wish I could physically link all my hard work and excel sheets that went behind the planning, but wordpress hasn’t gotten that far yet- so this will do for now.

Here is my portfolio: http://jessgolden.wordpress.com

Best of luck to everyone with their finals and future endeavors- we should all be so proud of what we made and accomplished this semester!

xoxo Golden Girl <– get it LOL kk

Jessica Golden

My name is Jessica Golden and I am an East Coast girl currently stuck in the snowy Midwest at the University of Michigan. I am now a student at Michigan due to tearing my ACL the week before my soccer recruitment and picking a college at whim, but so far it has worked out. I have two older sisters who live in New York City just like I plan too. Living on Long Island for my whole life has been like a bubble, and with no broken bones, no pets and no walks down a red carpet, I definitely feel ready to be a sponge, soak up life and do whatever comes along. Although I have never experienced typical things, like learning to ride a bike or attend sleep away camp, I enjoy finding the weird things in my life and embracing it all. I have lived in a hotel for 7 months (which is nothing like TV makes it seem), am on a quest to spend a day in all 50 states (current count is 26) and managed to sprain my ankle while climbing the Vatican in Rome. While my world is slowly expanding in Ann Arbor, my eyes are still set on returning to the big apple one day and changing the world (for the better) one lawsuit or public policy at a time!

One thought to “Golden Girl Makes It”

1. Hi Jess I love your layout and picture! Golden girl is such a cute title and I’m jealous you found something like that to use. The golden color of the background also gives it that extra touch of golden. I also love your directions page. I didn’t include something like this but it really sets people off on where to go and I think you did a great job!