The End of an Era

With the amount of time I’ve spent trying to make this portfolio a masterpiece, I have to say that it’s a huge relief to finally be “turning it in.” Time management has definitely not been my strong suit with this project. Before last Thursday, all I really had done was establish the basic structure and upload six or seven blog posts from one of my classes. Fortunately, I took care of all of the reflective writing (except the reflection on the projects) last week; but I still left myself a pretty healthy workload for this past weekend. Or so I thought.

Inspired by another portfolio, I decided to include the first couple paragraphs of all of my writing samples on the portfolio itself and link the remainder of each piece in a Google Doc accessible to all readers. I thought it was going to take forever to upload all of the samples and connect them to their respective Google Docs. But at the beginning of the process, I realized a crucial fact: the hardest part of each piece was already finished. They were already written, so the remaining work laid in the tedium of uploading everything. Once I got it through my head that I really didn’t have to do very much work, it was a lot easier for me to just power through it.

One thing I’m most proud of with my portfolio is the extent to which it represents me without being totally kitschy. I intentionally didn’t use a specific theme, but not having that continuity worried me a bit in terms of my organization. However, when I look back on it now, I’m so glad I didn’t use a theme. The bluntness of my portfolio parallels my straightforward personality and does everything I wanted it to do to represent me.

That being said, thank goodness it’s over. One more thing to check off the to-do list! See you all tomorrow/Friday.

Slash check my portfolio out if you feel so inclined: dylanbaig.wordpress.com

One thought to “The End of an Era”

1. Congrats on being finished! Definitely jealous of your time management skills for the reflective writing, that component totally snuck up on me. You definitely succeeded (from an outsider’s perspective) in representing yourself in a straightforward but not dry way (the pizza was a solid choice. considering using food-based tiled wallpaper in the future. Not on my computer, I mean on my actual walls). Glad you’ve featured both Steven and some solid writing on the portfolio!