Evolution Essay –> Project: How To Connect?!! #RayRay

Hey everyone!

I’m still struggling to find a good way to connect my evolution essay to my project. My evolution essay is about how my writing has gone from really rigid and organized to creative within the confines of the strict guidelines that my psychology and communications majors usually require. I am doing my project on happiness, and I think I’m going to use myself as a case study to look at the ability to change your happiness over a period of time (I’m going to try doing different things and log my happiness, then do research and see how it correlates). Because a lot of the project will be research based, I was thinking of connecting the two essays in that way (saying that I have come to realize that I do well with research essays and want to try using a more relaxed tone to present research material). Normally, I have many more restrictions, but in this project, I can basically do whatever I want, which is cool.

Let me know what you guys think! 🙂

Kyla

3 thoughts to “Evolution Essay –> Project: How To Connect?!! #RayRay”

1. Hey Kyla!

Really looking forward to seeing your final project. From reading this post, the immediate thing I noticed is that your project itself is about an evolution…an evolution of happiness, but still very similar to the concept of an evolving writer. Perhaps you can connect it in this way. For instance, what if you used the words happy/happiness/etc throughout your evolution essay as you describe how you becoming creative within the confines of your work has made you a happier student, created a more fulfilling academic experience, and so forth. That way, your project simply follows this “evolving” theme throughout the portfolio and might serve as a nice way to connect everything together.

Just a thought…hope this helped!

2. I think you just unknowingly just answered your own question. You talk about how your writing has become more creative but still must follow guidelines. Your project, on the other hand as you just put it, can be whatever you want. You make the guidelines. You do what you want.

3. Thanks guys, this really helped. I think I’m going to connect it by saying that it is an evolution and that in this project, I am going to do something that I haven’t been able to do before–write a research paper with a creative twist. I talk a lot about having to be confined to these research papers and only being able to be creative with my ideas for the study and not necessarily the tone/language I can use. In this project I get to do both! Thanks for the advice, I’m using a little bit of both 🙂