Blind Pig

So absolutely nothing related to the minor/any and all upcoming work (of which there is a ton).  Last night a few friends and I saw a show at the Blind Pig, which was awesome.

The headlining group was called RAC, and they primarily perform/compose “dancey”-pop remixes of popular alternative music.  For example, they have remixed Two Door Cinema Club, Phoenix, Tokyo Police Club, Foster the People, and more. They also have recently started making their own original music.  Aside from plugging this group that I like, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the Blind Pig.  The venue was fairly small and was a good hike from the diag, but it was well worth it (I took cabs both ways but it would have been a good hike).  The crowd was packed in, but it wasn’t I didn’t feel particularly cramped or like I was constantly being shoved which is a huge drawback of some other smaller venues.  Downstairs there was a pretty cool bar, and some booths for some people to hang around in prior to the show or in between acts.  More importantly, there were a bunch of dart boards for you danger-addicts.  I would definitely recommend you bite the bullet and see a show there before you graduate if you have not.  The tickets typically are pretty cheap; $15-20.

I’ll certainly be back if I have the chance.

P.S. There was free popcorn which was dank

4 thoughts to “Blind Pig”

1. Thanks for the shameless promotion, now I really want to see a show there! I’ve been to the blind pig before but there was no live music 🙁 It’s a cool atmosphere though, if you can get over having to pile your coats up at the door a mile high and hope to god you can find it when you leave LOL. But seriously, I do like that place, I’ll try to check it out! Thanks!

2. I AM SO JEALOUS. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS EVENT I LOVE ALL OF THOSE BANDS (ESPECIALLY TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB) AND I LOVE DANCE MUSIC. THIS IS LIKE MY DREAM. Also, that bar, 8 Ball, is amazing. Its a little bit odd sometimes. For example the first time I went there I was meeting a friend. I called her because when I arrived I thought there was a giant line, like sixty people were standing outside the door. She assured me that no one was in line and that they were just smoking. She was correct. That was a little different for me because I am used to the main street and south campus bars but it was a great experience for me to shake things up! I love that bar! Everything is cheap and so many games to play and great friendly people that genuinely just want to chat! If you ever decide to make the hike that way again, Circus is about three buildings down on the corner, go up the two flights of stairs. It is a great bar as well! Pool, karaoke, popcorn machine, cheap beer. Also, you will basically only grad students so you won’t be getting shoved around trying to fight your way to the bar, nor will you hear whoo girls screaming about how drunk they are, or hear guys using awful pickup lines or talking about their bodies to pick up girls. Its just a great bar to get a group of friends together and go have fun. ALSO, totally stop at the pizza place kiddie corner to Circus on your way home. AWESOME FOOD AND SUPER CHEAP.