Happiness Improvement: Steps 1 & 2

As some of you may know, I’m doing my project on happiness, and using myself as a case study to see if you really can improve your happiness over time. In an effort to get this experiment moving, I’ve decided on two steps that I have already begun and see if they actually do improve my happiness. One of the first things I did to implement my study was to subscribe to “happy emails”. These emails send me a quote a day to “live by” for that day. It’s meant to be inspirational and start the day out right. So far, so good.

Secondly, I came across an article that I thought was really cool, and could probably really help me out with my case study:

http://jamesclear.com/happiness-pain

This article emphasizes that you get the bad stuff out for the day out of the way right away, so that you can enjoy the rest of your day without stressing out about what you need to get done. I’ve decided I’m going to use this in several ways:

1. I’m going to workout in the morning before class instead of the afternoon/nightime

2. I’m going to get all my hw done for the day before I do anything “fun”

3. I’m going to take care of any “business”/errands that I need to get done for the day before doing anything leisurely.

I’m hoping that doing these things will help make my days more stress-free and happy!

Here’s to seeing how this works! I’ll keep you updated as I log my happiness and progress over the next month. 🙂

One thought to “Happiness Improvement: Steps 1 & 2”

1. Your last part about getting the bad stuff out of the way early in the day seems like such a no brainer, yet I have never even thought about it before. I hate running errands, and going to the gym can sometimes be a pain so maybe this is something I can try as well. I also hate waking up early in the morning though. But if doing this makes me happy than perhaps it will be worth getting up in the morning for. Can’t wait to see how this plays out for you!!!