In the Works

As my post suggests, my Capstone Project is certainly still “in the works.” For those of you who do not know, I am using this opportunity to combine my love of movies and language in a really interesting exploratory way. I am interested in tracking the changes in comedy films, specially with topics having to do with sex, sexuality, and language, from the 1950s through the 2000s. I have selected one comedy film from each decade. While watching these films, I took notes to myself, paying close attention to the topics I mentioned.

So far, I have not really worked on the analytical aspects of my project. I still need to look through my notes from each film and decide exactly what changes, trends, and similarities I would like to display through my project

I am extremely excited about putting the whole thing together. However, I am very nervous as well. I am not sure yet how I am going to lay out the various points I am trying to make : on different pages of the website, in different tabs, across an interactive timeline, or on a tumblr page (or something similar).

First things first – I will need to decide exactly what information I want to display. Then I will work on the format of displaying that info!

I would appreciate any and all input! Thanks for reading!