For Kyla and All Who Want to Be Happy!

I’ve been watching countless TED talks for my capstone project (for those of you who don’t know, it is a TED talk on ADHD/treatment – tentatively titled: why my diagnosis does not define me), and I stumbled upon this one that may be of great interest to Kyla (since her project is focused on happiness) and any/all who want to be happy (which I imagine is everyone!).

TED Talk: Want to be happy? Be grateful.

In the talk, Brother David Steindly-Rast, a monk and interfaith scholar, suggests that happiness is born from gratitude. And that every moment offers an opportunity to be grateful. How can each of us find a method to be grateful? *spoiler alert* He offers very simple advice to “Stop. Look. and Go.” Hope you all enjoy this (14 minute 30 second – ample time for a study break!) lesson in slowing down, looking where you’re going, and above all, being grateful.

Another link for Kyla and others interested in how to be happier – “The Science of Happiness – An Experiment in Gratitude.”

Sending you all good vibes during these chaotic next couple of weeks.

One thought to “For Kyla and All Who Want to Be Happy!”

1. Oh my gosh I just saw this!! NOOOO!! But that’s so much for the great resource!! I can still use it anyways, because if there’s one thing my project has taught me it’s that you’re never to busy to try to be happy :)) Thanks!!