My Remediation Project has changed so much since the very beginning. For my storyboard, I originally planned to do a comparison of students in Chicago versus students in Ann Arbor (since I was in Chicago this past weekend). I wanted to interview a lot of individuals and do a couple in-depth interviews to get a broad base from which I could draw from. I was very excited with how my storyboard planning went; I had it all planned out with the various angles I wanted to film from and which parts I would have a voice-over for.
My hope was to find similarities and differences between these students and give a comparison to the viewer. It was very frustrating, though, to have such difficulty filming in Chicago. First and foremost, trying to film on a game-day weekend is never an easy accomplishment…especially when you are extremely sick. It was so frustrating! I went there with hopes of feeling better, but to no avail. As I sit in my bed writing this, I am still extremely annoyed at how my body cannot seem to shake this fever/sore throat/congestion.
But every setback has a silver lining, right?
Being sick has given me time to think of how I want to change my approach: I have now decided to do a comparison of students in Ross versus students in LSA. Since I am a student in both programs, I thought it would be interesting to see if there are similarities/differences among the two studies of individuals at Uofm. This change in thought has also shifted how I am thinking of setting up my ePortfolio; I want my ePortfolio to be representative of how I am a student in both since they make up who I am. Luckily, my planning for my ePortfolio has not been nearly as frustrating since I have a pretty clear idea of how I want to set it up.
My storyboard for the Remediation project will stay almost exactly the same since I am still doing a comparison of two groups of students, which was my original plan. I am even more excited now since the topic hits closer to home. I can’t wait to feel better and get filming this week!