So How About That Project 3.

I told myself I wasn’t going to put off Project 3. I was going to start it way in advance because, too often, I have experienced the pain and self-disappointment of starting something the day before it’s due. So this is me pledging to start this project early. Even though it’s due in less than two weeks.

So.

actual
Actual photo of me listening to my voice recorded.

At least I have an idea. I plan to take my topic from Project 2 (which was a New York Times Op-Ed piece) and turn it into an NPR-style radio piece. I’ve been listening to an unhealthy amount of NPR lately in preparation for this project, which has led me to become more politically and culturally informed as well as made me feel like a 65-year-old man listening in his Buick on the way to Bingo Night. This “research” is welcome though, since I have always enjoyed listening to NPR when I can. Hooray.

There’s still a lot I need to get done in the next two weeks. I’ve gotten the audio content for the interviews and transcribed all of them, now I just need to write and record my own commentary. I’ll probably look at what I had for Project 2 and maybe repeat some of the same ideas, but I hope to present something new as well. If I can write and edit it all this weekend, I will be proud of myself for actually being proactive for once.

Actual footage of me trying to figure out GarageBand.

Then, I’ll just have to record it. This will be exceedingly difficult since I cannot stand to hear the sound of my own voice. Seriously props to all of you who have been forced to listen to me speak, because I think I sound like a nervous boy going through puberty when I am recorded. In desperate attempts to dispel my anxiety, people have told me that I “sound nothing like” my recorded voice in real life. But there’s no way for me to know this for sure. Can’t trust ’em.

ANYway, I will stick it out and record myself reading the piece in a way that would sound similar to NPR. I think the real challenge will be in editing the audio. I’m not technologically-gifted and have never worked with GarageBand. So this will be fun. But really, I will try to watch some online videos and talk with people who know what they’re doing to get this done.

It’ll be fun…right?