Wix Template: Descriptive or imaginative?

Over spring break, I’m going to design my project website because I know that having that template in mind will be key for my content-creating process over the next month and a half. Also, side note for some reason the words I’m typing for this post only show up when I’m highlighting them so be prepared for some typos.

As I’m looking through the Wix site template options, I’m feeling divided on what I want my site to look like. My project is on the process science fiction world-building in a story which I’m writing, and I’m conflicted between having the site open directly into the universe I’m creating with an image and different things to explore and click on, including an “About” page that describes what the project is, or opening on the about page itself. The first option is more aesthetically pleasing and the second is clearer.

Mary Gallagher

I'd like to be good at poetry, short stories, and creative nonfiction, but really I'm here to develop the skills to write about politics and world issues

2 thoughts to “Wix Template: Descriptive or imaginative?”

1. Hi Mary,

It seems like you are considering the two options through the correct lens. In order to help give you some advice, I would love to see some screenshots of the two options. What exactly makes the first option more aesthetically pleasing? In my option, sometimes clarity is almost more aesthetically pleasing because it will be easier for the user to navigate through your blog. Therefore, I would not discount option 2! While I am far from an expert on Wix, I would be happy to give you my opinion on the two blog options. Just send me an email with some screenshots and we can discuss! Good luck.

2. Hi! I think the first option sounds the best. It seems like you will be placing the reader into the environment/vibe of your world and creating the image for them. I don’t really think it’s necessary for websites to start on their about page, but I do think having your about page be clearly marked on the homepage is necessary. Some people like to explore around a little before reading the about. If you have a clear button to go to the about page, I think that would be perfect.