How To: iMovie?

I’m officially committing to…drumroll…iMovie!

It’s really the only plausible option for me because of how much easier it is to use than other video¬†technologies. I also have a Mac, so the ease of use is really nice. I tried out iMovie at the library and was surprised by the simplicity of it. It’s definitely still going to be challenging, but I’m not worried that I won’t be able to complete my project or anything like that. I think that I’m going to take the plunge and spend the $15 to have the software on my laptop, but that’s also because I’ll get use out of iMovie even after this project is over (especially if I’m happy with the way everything works out).

When I was using it at the¬†Ugli, I noticed how easy it was to select photos from my personal library and upload them into the video. There’s also a microphone function that records over the photos in the video. I’m still trying to figure out transitions, however, and how to integrate maybe one short video into the beginning of the vodcast. I think it would be cool to show at least one video because sports (and sports fans, so my audience) are overwhelmingly visual.

I used a few Youtube tutorial videos to learn how to use iMovie. I don’t think I would have been able to figure out how the software works without the tutorials, so I think I really lucked out. I’m looking forward to learning more about iMovie!

Spongebob
If only all projects were this easy, huh?

Kelly Hall

I'm a junior at the University of Michigan studying Psychology with minors in Writing and Entrepreneurship. I love writing about community events, especially those involving sports. On campus, I spend most of my time at the Michigan Daily, where I'm a sports editor and writer.

One thought to “How To: iMovie?”

1. Hi Kelly,

I think it’s great you’ve decided on iMovie. From the brief time I used it (high school projects, am I right…) it was super easy and the end product actually turned out much better than I had anticipated, especially given my lack of technical abilities at that time. Are you still planning on doing a vodcast? It seems like the way you described it, the answer is yes and I think that’s great. You seem like you know exactly how you want your end product to turn out, which is an awesome feat considering how many options there are! I’m excited to hear more about your experience with iMovie in addition to how your project is going as a whole! Can you believe we’re already done with storyboards/mock ups? Crazy….