Software Solutions

I spoke with my former Film teacher and decided to work with the software Final Cut Pro (luckily my brother has it on his computer, so I won’t need to purchase it) and use an HDCam or Canon cameras as my device for recording video. I borrowed the hardware from the MLB media center and found it was relatively easy to use.

I haven’t been able to start editing via Final Cut Pro but I am guessing that will require a lot of guidance from my brother who has used it to edit videos in the past. I have worked with iMovie before but Final Cut Pro is much better quality, so I think the challenge will be worth the result.

As far as my storyboard, I realized I really only have 3 different main shots that will be contributing to my film, the first being longtakes of Ross culture via the Winter Garden, cafe, 2nd floor, etc. The second shot will mainly consist of interviews with students or educators across a table view in the study rooms in Ross. Finally, the last take will mainly consist of classroom shots with audio coming from interviews.

I am excited to begin the recording process, and welcome any feedback regarding my storyboard or device/software use!

Anna Prenzler

Anna is a senior studying business with a minor in writing at the University of Michigan. She believes you can never sing or laugh enough, and you must write things down for two reasons - to remember what happens in your life and to feel something.

2 thoughts to “Software Solutions”

1. Anna,
    I cannot wait to see your final product. It sounds like you have your plan figured out and ready to roll! We watch videos and movies all the time, but I never really consider how much work and knowledge actually goes into making one. What types of challenges do you think you will face with the editing of the video and the new software?

2. Hi Anna,
    It sounds like you are off to a fantastic start on your remediation project! I could not agree more with what you said regarding the quality of output, with regard to iMovie vs. Final Cut Pro, and feel that the added challenge of using Final Cut Pro should serve you very well en route to completing all of your interviews!
    As always, feel free to ask me any questions on Final Cut Pro/video editing, I would be more than happy to help.

Henry