Blog 13: Resurrected From the Dead

I’m back beeeetches!! You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl. Sorry if you weren’t an annoying 13 year old girl obsessing over Nate Archibald and wishing you were Serena Van Der Woodsen for a good portion of your early teenage years like I shamefully was, but if you were you’ll get that reference, and if you weren’t, again, I apologize. Can’t you tell from my blog posts how much I hate pop culture? (Sarcasm). Anyway, I’m back because I awkwardly thought the last blog post was the last of the last, but it turns out I have one final chance to spew my thoughts and hope maybe someone finds me somewhat entertaining/insightful, so here goes nothing.

My ePortfolio looks like my personality threw up all over it. (Check it out my puked personality—> here.) I just made that sound super disgusting for no reason, but it’s true. It’s honestly comical that I went into the creating the ePortfolio with the intention if somewhat keeping my personality out of it, but somehow my personality literally catapulted itself onto every single page of that ePortfolio. Look, I’m not unhappy it happened, but I definitely didn’t strive to have my personality come through as much as it did, although it definitely gives you a sense of who I am. While the personality adds something to it, I was originally a little afraid that it may come off as unprofessional, but I don’t think that’s entirely the case. It’s pretty vibrant, but I think it’s also clean and it lays out all of my work within the course and beyond. I could always toy with making it a bit more subdued when I attempt to use it for purposes beyond this course.

I think the hardest part of this was the necessary reflection pieces. I felt like we had spent so long dissecting each of these projects over the term, and I was hesitant to go back again and reflect on what I had done. However, once I started writing, this task proved to be much less daunting. In fact, it turned out to be pretty simple. Since we had taken so much time on each of these projects, it was fairly easy for me to reflect on all the work and effort I had put into each piece, and it wasn’t as tedious as I had originally presumed it would be.

Well, that about does it. I can’t believe this class is over, and I’m just realizing how much I’m for sure going to miss it next semester. Like they always say, you don’t know what you have until it’s gone- and with this class making it’s way from my active drawer on Canvas into the archived section (note I said Canvas, not CTools- can’t wait to see how that switch goes for all the courses next semester), I’m starting to get a sense that I’ll soon know this course was really something when it’s no longer here.

Rebecca Soverinsky

Rebecca is a Junior (please send help for her mental state in accepting this and a walker for her aging body) studying Communications at the University of Michigan. She believes award show season is the best season (shout out to E! News) and is always willing to take on a challenge or learn something new- as long as there is Nutella involved. She hopes to learn as much as she can from the Sweetland Minor in Writing, and she's excited to see what's in store.

One thought to “Blog 13: Resurrected From the Dead”

1. Hey girl! I absolutely LOVED how your “personality threw up all over” your ePortfolio. That’s what differentiates our own writing from other people. The whole time I was putting mine together, I was thinking about how different it was than academic writing, like putting together applications. I’ve heard a lot of people say that most applicants sound/seem the same in their writing. I firmly believe that it’s because people tend to gravitate towards a more objective tone in their applications. Which is totally what I normally do. Perhaps I should try to let more of my personality shine through in my applications….hmmm.