ePortfolio = Improving Self-Worth

Wow, I didn’t know throwing a bunch of words and pictures onto a webpage could increase my sense of self-worth. I have done a substantial amount of creative writing and visual artwork on my own, but have never really been able to express to people how important creativity is to my life. My ePortfolio allowed me to share the creative side of me with other people. Somehow, by writing my ideologies down, it all just became more real to me.

Of course, navigating through a new platform (Wix) also helped me to become more tech savvy–which happened to be one of major goals for undergrad. I’m really proud of myself for being able to learn how to dream a webpage and then build it. Although I most definitely had frustrating moments with Wix. The placement of things didn’t always seem super intuitive, but I powered through. And after about the seventh try, it was smooth coasting.

So more on the website itself.

Visual aesthetics has always always been very important to me. I’m very pleased with how I was able to format everything, add background images, and display my artwork on my Visual Arts page. Because this website served to paint an accurate portrayal of myself and the creative work I have done, I chose to present myself in a more casual and playful manner. This especially shows through on my About page.
Check it out: http://minna96.wix.com/eportfolio

Minna Wybrecht

Minna's a PreMed student at the University of Michigan. She believes in three things. Milk chocolate. Ballroom dancing. To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.

One thought to “ePortfolio = Improving Self-Worth”

1. Hi Minna,

As I saw last night, and as I just glanced over it again, your ePortfolio is so visually stimulating- it’s crazy. So, you’ve definitely accomplished what you set out to do with it. I had no idea you were such a talented artist, I’m really jealous! I’m glad most of our class learned how to (somewhat) successfully navigate Wix. Although it definitely came with its glitches, it seems like everyone pretty much ended up getting it down! Loved being in a blog group fam with you, and again, your portfolio looks awesome.