The Final Product

Well folks, here it is: My Final ePortfolio

I really enjoyed this project because I feel like I learned skills that I’ll be able to use for the rest of my life. I also know more about editing websites, which I think will be a very valuable skill to have in the career I plan on pursuing. I definitely appreciate how much work goes into websites now after struggling with applications on mine for hours on end.

I think I struggled most when formatting each page because I felt as if I had to make each page similar enough so the site would¬†look cohesive, but I also didn’t want each page to look the same. It’s also somewhat difficult to lay out the pages in a way that makes sense to every visitor. I changed the format of my navigation bar after receiving some advice during peer review, so that was extremely helpful.

After this class is over, I might continue to use the website, but I’m not sure yet because it contains some things I wouldn’t necessarily want to show future employers. I think I did present myself very truthfully as a writer, however, so I’ll have to contemplate what to leave and take out if I decide to continue using it.

Thanks for a great semester, and I hope everyone is as happy with their new ePortfolio as I am with mine!

Kelly Hall

I'm a junior at the University of Michigan studying Psychology with minors in Writing and Entrepreneurship. I love writing about community events, especially those involving sports. On campus, I spend most of my time at the Michigan Daily, where I'm a sports editor and writer.

One thought to “The Final Product”

1. Hi Kelly,

I love the way your ePortfolio ended up! I think it does a really great job of communicating who you are as a writer and as a big fan of sports. I know how much time you spent on getting your ePortfolio layout just right, and it shows! I also love that you included your Twitter stream on the right side of the page, because it definitely plays a huge role in keeping your reader engaged.

Furthermore, I was so happy to finally watch your final draft of your remediation! It was AWESOME. Seriously, I know how hard it is to make those and yours is unbelievable. You should definitely consider doing something with it, even if it’s just posting it on YouTube as a way to archive it.

Thanks for all of your help this semester! I really loved getting to know you and to read all of your work. Best of luck next semester!