Internet History Was Spot-On

When we were first told to keep track of our internet history, I already had some expectations as to what my internet searching would look like; for the most part, I was right. As a massive music fan, I visit Complex almost every day. Similarly, I visit SoundCloud multiple times per day, YouTube a few times per week, and Empty Mug Records’ website daily. I visit each of these websites specifically for musical and pop culture purposes, which I feel demonstrates that pop culture plays a significant role in my life. This revelation, however, is nothing new. In addition to these internet searches, the majority of my internet history was made up of academic-related searches. These include CTools, Canvas, the Umich Library, and broad google searches related to research I was conducting for classes. Such internet activity can be expected of a college student. Since I was tracking my internet activity over the weekend, there were multiple food orders placed. While I don’t tend to order food online during the week, it is a regular habit over the weekend. Lastly, Facebook and Tumblr were the only social media platforms that were listed in my history. It is interesting that Tumblr was included because I tend to only visit that website when I am feeling particularly inspired or artistic. Over all, my internet history revealed exactly what I thought it would. The importance that I find in pop culture, my academics, indulging in good food, staying up to date with my peers, and expressing myself through artistic, emotional outlets.

One thought to “Internet History Was Spot-On”