A dog?!?!?

I once asked my friend what kind of animal I was.

Whenever there are icebreakers that ask the question, “what’s your spirit animal?” I never have an answer. I love cats, but I am most definitely not a cat. I love birds, but I don’t personify a bird either.
So I thought I’d look for some insight from a close friend, someone who knew me really well. He was an aardvark. How I came up with that, I have no idea, but with some people it’s just abundantly clear what animal they are, and he was definitely an aardvark.
He looked at me, and very quickly came back with, “You’re a dog!”
I don’t know if you know this, and clearly he didn’t know this, but you can’t go calling girls dogs. Even meant as a compliment, it’s not taken as one.
I looked at him like, “are you serious?” And he kind of realized what he said. But instead of dropping it, apologizing and then picking the most gorgeous kind of animal he could, he stuck by his statement!
“Well you are like a dog!! You’re friendly, and people like to be around you, and you’re bubbly! Dogs are the best. Everyone likes dogs!”
“But if I’m a dog, that means I’m ugly. You know that don’t you?”
“Yes, but I don’t mean it like that! You don’t look like a dog, you just have the personality of a dog! Like, you know…you’re loyal!”
Wow. Loyal huh?

The aardvark and his dog.

6465465f71097c1d_w-1