“It’s Friday, I’m in Love”

I like to think I’m a very easy person to get along with. Nothing bothers me much, you can eat all of my food or make a mess of my room when you stay and I wouldn’t be so much as a little bothered.

tumblr_mm0wphNhV31s99m4bo1_500(My family thinks I’m Elaine Benes; I probably am)

I like to focus on the things that matter. That’s probably why one of my biggest pet peeves is when people complain about things they have total control over. For instance, when people are complain about being tired, yet they procrastinated their 8 hours of homework by watching 8 hours of Netflix and then next thing they knew, it was all nighter city.

200

People should take responsibility for their actions. It’s not as though someone held a gun to their head and said “You have to procrastinate”. They chose to prioritize their life in an odd way. I don’t want to hear your complaints. Maybe complaining in general is a pet peeve of mine.

enhanced-buzz-29694-1362693533-15

I don’t like to complain much. I realize how fortunate I am. (I’m not saying I don’t; I’m still human)

I think that’s part of what’s wrong with the world. We spend too much damn time complaining about all of the things we don’t have and yet we do nothing to recognize the things we do have. It’s very unfortunate.

tumblr_md5jveAt5m1rcaovvo1_400

I don’t like the “work so hard I’m going to jeopardize my mental health/physical well-being” mentality my generation has either. The two go hand in hand. As though being able to go days on end without proper sleep and an out of control coffee addiction are tokens of a well-lived progressive life. To be quite frank, I enjoy my 8 hours of sleep a night and giving it up to seem like I’m getting more done doesn’t seem like a plausible plan.

anigif_optimized-6949-1431369242-11

dfnifoiawhrf fjwiejrweof;jwfiw

People think they’re being productive when they don’t do anything but work for days on end. I think that’s ludicrous. Why should I have to kill myself to be productive? And why should I be allowed to lament about my poor life choices and hope someone sympathizes with me? That’s hardly fair.

tumblr_mt4yia8YSx1qzmcmeo1_500

How about we go to bed earlier, and scream joyously about how much sleep we got? About how well-rested and ready to take on the day we are? Why don’t we admire people who take care of themselves? We need to stop listening to the miserable people who complain about situations they put themselves in and tell them to go to bed earlier or do their homework during the day when they have time instead of at 2 in the morning. There’s no reason we should be living the way we do as college students. It’s a pathetic excuse for a life and I’m done living feeling like I’m not being productive because I go to bed at 11 every night. Because you know what? I wake up at 8 every morning, ready to begin my day.

edlP9