AHHHHHH

Hey did anyone know there’s only one week left of classes? I sure didn’t.

When I think about the quantity of ‘stuff’ I have to do between now and then, I start to panic a little bit, so I’m just trying to take it assignment by assignment.

As for how Project III is going, all of the ideas are there but it isn’t actually created yet. I originally wanted the video to be a compilation of interviews of my family members about my eye, but after interviewing them I felt like leaving just that as the primary content would be way too boring. So instead, I want to focus on memory. How I remember the experience is very different from how my family does, or even how I expected them to.

As I was pondering this, I stumbled upon a TED talk about the difference between our experiences and our memory, and it brought up some very interesting points. I’ve decided to use this as my inspiration for Project III. I’m still going to make a video that includes pieces of the interviews, but it will now also include pieces of the TED talks to highlight the contrast between what we remember and what actually happens.

Cross your fingers for me that this actually works out (please please please)

panicmoonwalk

Above is live footage of me panic moonwalking away from the amount of work I have to do in the next week

3 thoughts to “AHHHHHH”

1. Hi Jessyca – It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas for Project III. I am confident you will have a very effective video once you put them all together. I really like how you are going to incorporate that TED talk into your video too. I think this will make it unique in comparison to other videos, and will really highlight the points that are made between the clips of you and your family. The gif is hilarious, by the way!

2. I like the idea of combining your current idea with a TED talk. I think that this meshing of something more academic and something more personal could be a very effective and draw on the differing strengths of both elements. This sounds like it will be a very interesting project and I can’t wait to see the final product.

3. Hey Jessyca! I am glad to know that i am not the only one feeling like this semester’s end is here way too suddenly! I also am glad that you are going to keep with your idea with the TED talk. Hearing about it in class got me very excited and interested in your topic, so i cannot wait to see the final project! I hope you’re balancing your assignments this week and that your project is coming out the way you want! 🙂