Justin Bieber Says Welcome

Greetings & welcome, MIW gateway newbs!

welcome

Now that we’ve got a “She’s The Man” meme out of the way, I suppose it’s time for me to pass the torch onto you & share some things I’ve learned this past semester.

• Be open to what the class has to offer. At first I was a bit apprehensive about the very open format of the class, but I really believe I would not have been able to accomplish what I did had there been major restrictions on what we could/ could not write.
  • Ask for honest and constructive feedback from group members & know that they’re genuinely interested in bettering your project
  • Have fun with your projects & make them something you actually care about. Because you have the opportunity to create basically anything you can imagine, don’t let this be just another assignment that you begrudgingly have to complete. Make work that actually matters to you, and the process is a lot more enjoyable!
  • Get to know your classmates! The people in the MIW are really cool people with a variety of backgrounds and interests & the sooner you get to know them all, the more fun each class will be & the easier it will be to have better conversations about not only each others’ work, but life in general!
  • Good luck, work hard, you got this!

Hope you guys have as much fun as I did- the gateway course is a really unique course where you not only learn about writing, but you learn a lot about yourself along the way too.

Okay cheesy conclusion is over, so here’s some final ~inspo~ from everyone’s favorite teen idol:

Justin