So I rewrote the lyrics of two songs to make them relate to the calls that were used in Project II. I think for the most part the lyrics are set in stone. I recorded the accompaniment to one of the songs, I have a rough draft of the vocal part, I’ve edited those parts together (basically copy/cut/paste the two parts so they line up better), and now I have to either decide if I like it enough to keep it and not just re-record the whole thing.
Something that surprised me about this project was how things sort of came together for the lyrics. I really had trouble re-writing the lyrics to the first song (I re-wrote “Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber) because the timing of the words is so particular in that song, and you need to find the right rhythm to make it sound similar to the original. And, while trying to write the lyrics initially, I was unsure of what parts of the call I wanted to include. It was a real struggle and the task seemed daunting, but once I started actually writing the lyrics, it took me one Physics lecture to complete! I was surprised at how fast the words poured out. Then for the second song (I changed Maroon 5’s “Sugar” to “Glucose” for hypoglycemia), I felt more confident and that one came out even faster than the first. I also think it’s odd that the second song is more playful and fun than the first.
Anyway, that’s where I’m at right now. Not sure if I’m going to make a video to complement it or what but just glad a song is recorded.