True facts about the Gateway course

the end

True fact: The Gateway course goes by way faster than you expect or want it to. You’ll learn that writing rarely ever feels done. Just because you’ve turned an assignment in doesn’t mean you can’t go back and change it. In the same way, the end of the course creeps up on you in a way you don’t expect. One minute you’re knee deep in drafts and trying to figure out how to get video equipment. The next, you’re writing a blog post for posterity.

Second true fact: This course won’t ever feel like work. This course will feel like release.

Third true fact: You’ll leave the course feeling like you didn’t get to know your cohort enough. Get to know them. You have an advantage. The writing that you do in this course is raw and you’ll get to know your classmates more through their writing than you ever will through talking to them about their majors. The mental images that you begin to associate with your classmates are their ePortfolios, their words, their way of giving constructive criticism.

Fourth true fact:¬†Choose a project II that you won’t get sick of. You’re going to be spending a lot of time with it.

Fifth true fact (only true if this is your first class of the day): You’ll be willing to get up for this class. You’ll be sad when you don’t.

I’m going to miss the writing. I’m going to miss my classmates. Make the most of it.