Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol’ days…

In two weeks I can officially say that I am halfway done with college. As happy as that should make me feel, I actually am quite overwhelmed and completely terrified of going into the “real world” in just two more years. Though I feel that I have learned SO much during my first two years at the University of Michigan, I know I still have a LOT to learn before I’m ready to graduate.

These past two years have flown by literally in the blink of an eye, this semester in particular. I was lucky enough to be accepted to the Sweetland Minor in Writing program and have almost completed the Gateway course. I have had to opportunity to explore so many new and exciting pieces of work, created by others and by myself. While I think back and smile at all the memories I have made throughout the course, I cannot help but wish I had time for more.

If I can give new admits to the Sweetland Minor in Writing any advice at all for the program, it is to never take your time for granted – you are limited. With constantly moving schedules, it can be hard to stop and just appreciate all that is going on around you. But I can guarantee that when you do, you’ll realize how much you’ve been missing out on and how much there is yet to explore. The Gateway courhourglassse is about challenging yourself and making┬áthe best of all the opportunities you are given. Come to class everyday with an open mind and be willing to learn. While I tried my best to remember these few pieces of advice that I had read on a blog post earlier in the semester, I failed to realize how quickly time moved out from under me.

As I make my way through the remaining courses for the Minor, I hope to keep these few thoughts in mind in order to better myself and my writing, as well as the other writers in the program and their writing too. We all have the opportunity to explore our potentials, let’s take advantage of that.