Writing 220 Introduction: JUDE EYAMBA

Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Jude Eyamba and I’m a sophomore majoring in BCN. I was born in Nigeria, Africa but I’ve been in Grand Rapids, Michigan for almost 13 years now. I’m extremely happy to be a part of this wonderful program.

Why MIW?

I really didn’t start loving to write until 9th grade but before that I was an avid reader. I read everything and anything that I could get my hands on. My inspiration for writing began when I read the “Book Thief” by Mark Zusak in high school and fell captivated by the way he structured his book and the meaning behind his book. I started writing poetry and soon wanted to learn how to write in other styles of writing but my high school, just like many other high schools, only focused on the five paragraph essays that was quite boring. Coming to U of M and learning about the MIW sparked my interest because I knew that MIW would be able to introduce me to the different styles of writing that I wanted to be involved in.

What inspires me to write?

I’m mostly inspired by the things around me. Sometimes even a television show inspires me to write something down or even a book. I try to always be opened minded and observant to my surrounding because I find this to be the best way to stay creative

How do I spend my time at school?

When I’m not doing anything academic related I’m either working on research at the School of Public Health or working out at the CCRB.