Shameless Plug

I figured it’s about time to give a little update on my project. While I am very excited about the beginning design of my wix site, I still have a lot to do. I have done plenty of genre research on how the set up the educational site and I have realized that I want mine to be slightly more aesthetically appealing and to include more images than the traditional university resource site.

As far as other research, I am still waiting on students to return completed survey–as that is the most important component of my project research.¬†While I have gotten a few surveys back thus far, I have found that waiting for people to complete them might be the most difficult part of the project. I hate leaving my fate (and also this project’s fate) in the hands of others, but I’m trying my hardest to be patient.

I have a lot of ideas about how I want to continue to design/organize my wix site, but I won’t be able to decide for sure until I get student feedback. Currently, I am hoping to compare student answers with university resource advice in a side-by-side format. If their advice is similar, I will be able to comment on that and show the connection; however, if the advice is quite different (as I am expecting), then it will be even more interesting to see the two side-by-side.

Additionally, I can’t really organize the basic tabs based on topic yet. I need to get a better idea of what the student advice is mostly focused on. I know there will be advice about academics because I asked about that specifically, but other general advice could differ. I am expecting advice about extracurriculars and general college/partying advice.

Basically, as the title of this blog post indicates….here is my shameless plug:

PLEASE FILL OUT MY SURVEY!!!!!