Portfolio Analysis: Hudson Ling

Ranking (Strongest –> Weakest)

1. Voice
  2. Composition / Environment
  3. Prose
  4. Idea/Concept 

After looking through some previous Gateway Portfolios, I’ve learned the importance of having an easily-navigable site with a composition that does not deter or confuse the reader. I’m really trying to hone in on making a simple website in order to achieve this. My portfolio’s all about my voice. It’s important for me to maintain a consistent/thematic relationship between all three major works, implementing the theme from these pieces into my introduction and process notes. Following this pattern results in a portfolio that blends works together, operating in a complementary way. I believe the prose is strong, but I’m constantly looking to see if my idea/concept of my site is intriguing. It’s a work in process, but I’m really starting to pick up the intensity for these past few weeks. As far as anxieties go (which is funny because my repurposing is entirely about a journey of anxiety lol) — I just want to make sure the portfolio flows well. I’m taking a different approach by having a sliding website rather than a “click to teleport” more typical type of portfolio. It’s a risk I’m willing to take because it will likely encourage the reader to look at each piece in order, which is essential to the relationship between my Repurposing / Remediation.

Would love to hear any and all thoughts on how I can keep a steady flow / theme, but I think the exercise in Tuesday’s class really opened my eyes to its importance.