“Here she is, boys! Here she is, WORLD!” -Mama Rose

Alright everyone. We MADE IT. Here is my ePorftolio for your viewing pleasure.

Now, I must add that I struggled with the design aspect of this assignment, and will probably be changing that accordingly (I’m pretty sure each page has a different color scheme/design layout… oops).

But instead of dwelling on all that I did not do, I will celebrate how much I have learned this past semester about my own writing.

I have learned:

1. that even if I try to outline, I’m going to end up throwing it out of the window the first pass anyway in attempt to get thoughts to page before they drift away from my brain.
  2. that I am over-ambitious in many of my ideas. This is not a bad thing, as long as I keep my expectations in check!
  3. that re-reading a piece of your writing after you have stepped away from it (for at least a couple of hours, if not a day or two) is one of the most illuminating forms of revision.
  4. that I still have no clue what I enjoy writing the most, but I’m not really that mad about it.
  5. that reading great work is inspiring.
  6. that I am only as limited as I perceive myself to be.

Hopefully, I will continue this experimentation with my writing and continue to play with new forms and modes. I am grateful that I ended up joining the Sweetland Minor in Writing, and look forward to how my work in the courses, with my peers, and under the professors’ guidance will continue to influence these formative years of my writing education.