my last challenge journalllll!!!!

So I’ve had way too many challenges with this project than 4 challenge journal blog posts can encompass. More of them had nothing to do with my project, and everything to do with my insane life outside of class but back to my challenges. I definitely did not give myself enough time to finish my essays that I wanted to include, which is sad but this project is not done.

True Crime is a weird fluid genre that is way more difficult to write than it looks. My last challenge is revision. I always have a hard time with revision because I never stop once I start, which I’m told is a good thing. But, let’s be real, when you’re on a deadline, constant revision plus all of the other requirements for this project is not practical.

In the past, I’ve just had to suck it up and turn it in, even if I wasn’t happy with my final product. I’m very happy with mine right now, I just don’t feel finished. Looking back, there have been a lot of things I’ve written that haven’t felt “finished”. Most of my essays I’ve written in college actually, haven’t felt finished.

This feels like a project that in my mind, needs to be finished “just enough” for the parameters of the project. Although this feels like my baby, and I want it to be on display for everyone in its perfect, final form, I know this is going to be a years’ long project that I will continue long after this class is over. Which is so. freaking. exciting. I’ve found a new writing love!