I don’t know what I’m doing…but I’m having fun

So far, the experiment process has gone vastly different than how I thought it would. But don’t things always turn out like that? At least in my life they do.

One thing that has definitely been a challenge for me is the time frame and feeling of impending deadlines chasing after me. But because that is out of my control, I’m just trying to focus on creating projects that I like and that matter to me.

That’s why after completing experiment 2, I just kind of realized that it wasn’t the one (especially in comparison to experiment 1). I have to choose a final project that I enjoyed making and that speaks to me. And I did not enjoy video editing, nor did it speak to me. It has also been difficult to feel like I’ve been creating a meaningful sample to share, with enough but not too little to show. Overall, this process has been constantly changing, and has definitely had its ups and downs, so I’m just trying to stay flexible with it.

What I have really loved about this process is getting to try my hand at these different genres. When else would have the opportunity to do something like this?? Even if I tried a genre and ended up hating it, at least now I know for the future. I’m also excited to work on my experiment 3. It’s going to be a short story, and though I haven’t even started it yet, I can definitely see it being in the running for my final project. I’m excited to get back to doing some “actual” writing again, because so far, my experiments have lied more in the multimedia world. We’ll see how that goes. I’m also really looking forward to crafting my e-portfolio. It should be a fun time creating a personalized website, all about me and the story I’m trying to tell.