Introducing Me

Not to start this post on a tangent and a major throwback, but after typing out the title of this post I can’t help but think of Nick Jonas singing to his forbidden girlfriend in Camp Rock 2. Maybe all introductions should just be like his – a song filled with plenty of information to really get to know someone within the two minutes you are listening to it (after all, his song is called ‘Introducing Me’). Either way, now I have that song is stuck in my head…

Nick Jonas aside, here we are trying to introduce ourselves while not knowing what all to include, how much to share, and what constitutes a ‘good’ fun fact to share. Is being a dog person a good enough fun fact? Or maybe I should talk about how I worked as a camp counselor over the summer? Or maybe I could mention my love for art? Oh, I know! I should talk about how I met Reggie the Corgi for the first time yesterday.  In all honesty, I could talk about each of those facts plenty, but they only show a little bit of what makes me, me. 

Like most people, I still don’t really know what I want to do with my life, but then again, we have plenty of time to figure that out… right? I am currently studying Art and Design in Stamps and have a minor in PitE, so if you love artsy things or talking about the earth, I’m your girl (and because people usually follow up asking to see my art, here is the link to my website). I also have a love for writing, which I’m sure you already guessed. Where all my interests intersect is still a mystery to me, so if you happen to have any insights, please keep me updated. Please

Outside of class I accidentally start dancing to the music from my headphones in the middle of the diag, travel with my family, spend time with friends, love to be outdoors, and have an addiction to ice cream. As a matter of fact, my roommate just walked in and handed me a bowl of mysterious red ice cream and told me to eat it. Turns out it’s Flaming Hot Cheetos flavored, and I think the idea that ice cream can taste like Hot Cheetos and has real pieces of Cheetos in it is grosser than how it actually tastes. Since when is ice cream chip favored?! All I can say is, try at your own risk. 

Despite my most recent ice cream adventure, when I think about the upcoming year I can’t wait for all the exploring that is ahead of me. Pushing myself to try new things, both in my daily life and in my writing are two things I am looking forward to, and I really can’t wait to see where it takes me! 

3 thoughts to “Introducing Me”

1. I’d have to agree with the comment about Nick Jonas, as that song is a very catchy and popular example of an introduction. And as grotesque as it sounds, you’ve now convinced me that I must try Flaming Hot Cheetos flavored ice cream- even if it kills me.

2. I was literally singing that Camp Rock song in my read when I read the title. Force of habit I guess. Ahh the good old days of the Jonas Brothers are back. Your art is so cool btw. Long shot, but do you know Ally Winn, Betsy Stubbs or Lauren Page? Those are the girls I know in the art school. 🙂

3. I can totally relate to the not being sure what I’m doing with my life comment… But I agree we have time to figure that out!! It sounds like you have super cool and diverse interests- I can’t wait to read more of your writing!