MATH. Fun to work with, not to read.

I was always good at math; however, it wasn’t something I wanted to pursue as a career. I found that I prefered learning about the puzzles that make up biology over learning about the diabatic processes or Gödel’s Incompleteness Theorem. I found biology much more beneficial to my life and more related to my career goals than math, and I let it go from my life. I also found math as something to study in college to be a bit more challenging and difficult to approach. When I was told to read something that is out of my comfort zone, I realized advanced math was something I should look in to! After searching for certain topics, I decided to reach out to one of my friends (who is a math major) and he told me to read Linnik’s Problem. He told me it would be an interesting read and that I should trust him. I realized after reading the article about the theory that I shouldn’t trust my friends so easily. I never thought I would go through something so complex and difficult to analyze. I found myself lost at multiple points. For example, I was introduced to multiple variables and after reading the first two pages (and looking at many functions that included combinations of the variables), I decided that math is definitely not interesting to read about. Unlike math textbooks that explain mathematical concepts and display examples of the concept, this one didn’t, or at least thats what I assume. None of the conclusions that were made by the article were something that I found comprehendable and a reason to find so extrodarinary in the field. I assume this is probably because I am as aware of related math topics related to the problem, as well as the importance in the math community. For this reason, I found my experience with reading about the math world very interesting, as it was the first time I read something and never found the importance of the production of the document. I really thought it was a boring article and I assume that reading out of my comfort zone is something I should experiment a bit more. I say this because just because I don’t like math doesn’t mean I won’t like the analyzation of art or another out-of-comfort zone topic.